Specialist Certificate in Cancer Sciences
- 6 months part time
- Available to domestic and international students.
- Term 1 Intake - January, Term 2 Intake - April, Term 3 Intake - July, and Term 4 Intake - October
This flexible and wholly online course has been developed to address the complex future needs of cancer care, offering a balance of integrated, cutting-edge, advanced cancer knowledge in this rapidly transforming field.
If you are a health professional who wishes to extend their career into a specialised field or build on your current skillset in clinical care and cancer research, this is the course for you.
This course has been designed to meet the rapidly increasing market demand for skilled practitioners in cancer care and research with cutting-edge and contemporary course content developed by leaders in cancer care, research, prevention and education. As a student of this course, you will have the opportunity to study a breadth of contemporary topics in cancer research and clinical care.
Who this course is for
Promoting a collaborative, multidisciplinary approach, this program is open to scientists and clinicians from a variety of backgrounds.
- Medical practitioners such as general practitioners, surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists and haematologists
- Allied health professionals such as occupational therapists, speech pathologists, physiotherapists, exercise physiologists
- Research scientists and Clinical trials professionals
- Industry and pharmaceutical professionals.
Who you will learn from
The Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre is an alliance of 10 leading research, clinical and academic institutions with a shared commitment to saving lives through the integration of cancer research, education and patient care. The scale and depth in expertise, knowledge, practice and patient numbers it represents, provides unprecedented access to learn from the pioneers driving the next generation of improvements in prevention, detection and cancer treatment.
Through the online learning community, you’ll become part of a global network of cancer care professionals who are passionate about providing top quality clinical care and high impact cancer research.
- Professor Grant McArthur, Executive Director, Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre and Medical Oncologist, Peter MacCallum Centre
- Dr David Kok, Radiation Oncologist, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre
- Dr Joep Vissers, Senior Research Fellow, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre
- Associate Professor Andrew Weickhardt, Medical Oncologist, Olivia Newton-John Cancer and Wellness Centre
- Associate Professor Brigid Lynch, Principal Fellow, Cancer Epidemiology and Intelligence Division, Cancer Council Victoria
- Dr Julia Lai Kwon, Oncologist, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre
- Dr Lucinda Morris, Radiation Oncologist, Westmead Hospital
- Dr Kirsten Fairfax, Blood Cells and Blood Cancer division, Walter and Eliza Hall Institute
- Dr Holly Barker, ACRF Cancer Biology and Stem Cells division, Walter and Eliza Hall Institute
- Dr Stephen Mieruszynski, Postdoctoral Fellow, Walter and Eliza Hall Institute
- Ann Byrne, PhD student, Cancer Therapeutics Program, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre