Graduate Certificate in Cancer Sciences
- 6 months full time / 1 year part time
- Available to domestic and international students.
- Term 1 Intake - February, Term 2 Intake - April, Term 3 Intake - July, and Term 4 Intake - October
With the rising incidence of cancer across the globe, there is a projected shortage of skilled practitioners in the oncology workforce. The Graduate Certificate in Cancer Sciences had been designed in collaboration with the Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre (VCCC) and the University of Melbourne to meet this growing need.
This unique course is one of only two in the world that is cancer-specific, multidisciplinary and wholly online.
This course will provide you with the unprecedented opportunity to learn from internationally renowned experts from the Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre to propel your career in the field of cancer care and research.
You will gain high quality and holistic knowledge that can be directly transferred into your workplace and you can tailor your learning according to your interests and career goals with the flexibility to study a breadth of contemporary topics and choose from a range of specialised subjects.
Who this course is for
Promoting a collaborative, multidisciplinary approach, this program is open to scientists and clinicians from a variety of backgrounds.
- Medical practitioners such as general practitioners, surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists and haematologists
- Allied health professionals such as occupational therapists, speech pathologists, physiotherapists, exercise physiologists
- Research scientists and Clinical trials professionals
- Industry and pharmaceutical professionals.
Who you will learn from
The Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre is an alliance of 10 leading research, clinical and academic institutions with a shared commitment to saving lives through the integration of cancer research, education and patient care. The scale and depth in expertise, knowledge, practice and patient numbers it represents, provides unprecedented access to learn from the pioneers driving the next generation of improvements in prevention, detection and cancer treatment.
Through the online learning community, you’ll become part of a global network of cancer care professionals who are passionate about providing top quality clinical care and high impact cancer research.
- Professor Grant McArthur, Executive Director, Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre; Medical Oncologist, Peter MacCallum Centre
- Dr David Kok, Radiation oncologist, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre
- Dr Joep Vissers, Senior Research Fellow, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre
- Associate Professor Andrew Weickhardt, Medical Oncologist, Olivia Newton-John Cancer and Wellness Centre
- Dr Brigid Lynch, Principal Fellow, Cancer Epidemiology and Intelligence Division, Cancer Council Victoria
- Dr Catherine Poliness, Surgical Oncologist, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre.
Related pathway courses
You may also be interested in the following courses: