Master of Architectural Engineering
- CRICOS Code: 089660F
How to apply
1. Entry Requirements
Please check the entry requirements before you apply.
2. Submission of academic results
Provide an original or copy of your academic transcript together with a grading scale used by the University (or Faculty/Department) where you completed your undergraduate degree.
Please ensure any transcripts for studies completed as part of a study abroad/exchange program are included as well as transcripts for subjects transferred/credited towards your degree.
If you have completed your Bachelor degree at the University of Melbourne you do not need to submit a hard copy of your results.
3. English language
Domestic applicants who have not completed previous studies in Australia may need to satisfy the University's English Language requirements.
4. Personal statement
Applications for the Master of Architectural Engineering require a personal statement of up to 500 words outlining prior study, work experience, and motivation to undertake the program.
Your statement can be uploaded via the online application system.
Read about personal statements and how they are assessed.
5. Design portfolio
A design portfolio is required.
- Portfolios are to be submitted through the online submission portal Slideroom: https://msd.slideroom.com
- You will need to set up a Slideroom account to upload your portfolio after you have completed your University of Melbourne online application and received a University of Melbourne applicant identification number.
- Following completion of your online application you will receive a link to the MSD Slideroom portal.
PaymentThere is a portfolio submission fee of USD$5 which you will need pay before your portfolio can successfully be submitted. You can pay the submission fee using one of the following: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, JCB, Diner’s Club and China Union Pay.
- The file size of your portfolio should not exceed 10 MB
- The number of pages should not exceed 15-20 single pages. Please note this includes cover page and contents.
- The portfolio must be saved as one PDF file and must be in landscape format
- Note that portfolios are evaluated digitally and should be easily readable with limited zooming or scrolling
Each page of your portfolio should include:
- If your work is a product of university study please specify a short description of the brief, the academic year level of the studio, the subject name and the nature of your involvement (i.e. individual or group work)
- If images are taken from work experience, clearly state the nature of your involvement in the project (drafting, design or other)
- Where a page of the portfolio has multiple images, please label each image
- Applicants are encouraged to use the Design Portfolio Template when compiling their portfolios.
- See how design portfolios are assessed by the Selection Committee: Design Portfolio Matrix
6. Application dates
- Final application deadline for Semester 1, 2019 is by Friday 30 November 2018
- Please note this course does not offer a Semester 2 intake
- Semester start dates are available in the Academic Calendar
- You should hear within 4 weeks of submission of your complete application (including all supporting documentation) when applying for the next available intake
- Please be aware that applications which are not for the next immediate intake may take longer to assess as we prioritise applications for the upcoming semester
- Late applications may be accepted in special circumstances.
If you need more information before submitting your application, please contact Stop 1.
Before you apply
- Check the degree website
- Check entry requirements
- Provide copies of academic results
- Satisfy English language requirements
- Provide a personal statement
- Submit a design portfolio
- Note applications dates