Master of Architecture
- CRICOS Code: 061224A
Domestic applicants must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, Australian permanent resident, or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa.
Application closing dates
Semester 1 (starts 1 March 2021):
Timely applications: 30 November 2020
Late applications: 31 January 2021
Semester 2 (starts 24 July 2021):
Timely applications: 31 May 2021
Late applications: TBC
The Master of Architecture 3-year stream is only available to commence in Semester 1 intake. Course application and design portfolio submission are due by 30 November, strict deadlines apply.
Course application and design portfolio submission are due by the same closing date, strict deadlines apply.
The majority of Commonwealth Support Places (CSPs) are allocated in the timely application round. Please apply by 30 November 2020 to ensure you have the best chance to obtain a CSP.
The indicative turnaround timeframe for application assessment is between 4–8 weeks from the time you submit all supporting documentation.
Applications for the Master of Architecture 3-year stream are assessed and ranked once a year by the Academic Selection Committee in December. Entry to 300-point program is highly competitive and places are limited.
Supporting documents for your application
- Evidence of meeting the University’s English Language Requirements.
- Transcripts for all university level study attempted or completed outside the University of Melbourne, including an explanation of the grading system used.
- If the documents are not in English, they must be accompanied by an official certified English translation.
- If currently studying, provide your results to date including enrolled subjects. You can submit your final transcript and completion statement once available.
- Completion statements or graduation certificates (where applicable).
- A personal statement of less than 500 words.
- Digital design portfolio must be submitted via SlideRoom.
- If you intend to apply for Graduate Access Melbourne you may need to provide supporting evidence with your course application.
Refer to the MSD Design Portfolio Requirements page for detailed information.
Graduate Access Melbourne
Find out if you're eligible for Graduate Access Melbourne (GAM). Applicants should prepare their GAM applications as early as possible as GAM applications and all supporting documentation must be uploaded at the same time as your course application. GAM may assist you in getting a course offer, a Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP) or even a scholarship.
Frequently asked questions
Find answers to the most Frequently Asked Questions about MSD graduate programs.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for, please contact us via the Enquiry Form for assistance.
Before you apply
- Carefully read all the information about the course on this website.
- Check the entry requirements and prerequisites to make sure you are eligible for the course.
- Check the English language requirements.
- Check your eligibility for scholarships and Graduate Access Melbourne.
- Gather all required supporting documents.
- Apply via the Online Application System.
- Quote course code MC-ARCH in your application.
- Submit your design portfolio via SlideRoom.