Master of Architecture
- CRICOS Code: 061224A
- 3 years full time / 6 years part time
- On Campus (Parkville)
- Available to domestic and international students.
- Start Year Intake - February and Mid Year Intake - July
The Master of Architecture aims to provide you with:
- Highly developed skills to manage an architectural practice and lead or work within cross-discipline project teams
- A sustainable outlook with the ability to use new materials and technologies to create environmentally sustainable buildings
- A grounding in architectural history, theory and technology that leads to the creation of innovative architecture.
Students undertake a sequence of intensive design studios culminating in a research thesis. In the studios, students cover architectural design in the context of the creative invention of architectural futures, integrating aesthetic, technological, programmatic, environmental and social issues in the production of buildings. Students can take elective subjects in areas such as digital architecture, history and conservation, production, practice and sustainability, and society and culture.
2-year or 3-year streams available
The Master of Architecture offers you flexibility so you can take a two-year program if you already have a three-year undergraduate degree in Architecture or the three-year program if your first degree is not in architecture and you are making a career change.
For graduates with an undergraduate degree in Architecture.
For graduates with a non-architecture undergraduate degree.
Part-time available only after the first year