Master of Education
- CRICOS Code: 095802B
The University of Melbourne accepts online applications year-round from domestic applicants.
Application closing dates
MID-YEAR INTAKE, 2021
Application deadline: Thursday 1 July 2021
START-YEAR INTAKE, 2022
Round 1: Monday 1 November
Round 2: Thursday 2 December
Round 3: Thursday 3 February
1. application preparation
Before you apply, please check the minimum entry requirements of your desired course. You may be required to provide the following supporting documentation with your application:
- Previous academic transcripts, including complete and incomplete degrees
- Evidence of degree completion (testamur)
- Evidence showing you meet the English language requirements. For more information, click here.
- A certified translation if your documents are not in English.
You will be automatically assessed for up to 100 credit points advanced standing.
We will ask you to nominate at least one specialisation in your application to the Master of Education. Please note that students may change their specialisation through the course of their enrolment. Indicating an intended specialisation at the time of application does not commit you to completing that specialisation.
Please note: For the Leadership and Management Specialisation, it is recommended that applicants have a minimum of 2 years of work experience in an education or a related setting (such as health and social service) before undertaking this specialisation.
2. Application process
- Submit an online course application directly, or through an overseas representative. If you’re applying for more than one course be sure to number your preferences.
- If you are a current or past University of Melbourne student or applicant, use your existing student ID/username and password. Registering as a first-time applicant will delay the processing of your application.
- Only submit one application per course with your preferred fee type and study load (full-time or part-time) if applicable.
- Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP) are available to all eligible domestic applicants.
3. Application outcome
Application outcomes will be sent to your nominated email address or overseas representative. Applicants are able to check the progress of their application by logging in to the online course application page.
GRADUATE ACCESS MELBOURNE
Graduate Access Melbourne (GAM) is the University’s equity program for domestic graduate students. Under GAM, specific circumstances of applicants will be considered in relation to admission and financial assistance bursaries. There are two parts to this program:
- Admission: Graduate Access Melbourne may assist you to gain admission into a graduate degree, even if your tertiary marks are below the entry requirements. In assessing applications faculties and schools look to balance opportunity and your capacity to succeed.
- Financial Assistance: Under GAM you are also considered for a grant of $5,000. Bursaries will be offered to students with the highest overall level of current disadvantage within one or more of the Graduate Access Melbourne categories.
In submitting an application under this program, you will be considered for admission and financial assistance. Completed GAM forms are to be submitted together with your course application and will be considered for entry into the course and the Graduate Access Melbourne bursary. An application does not guarantee success and you may be awarded one, neither or both, depending on your individual circumstances.
To be eligible to apply for GAM you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, an Australian permanent resident or the holder of a permanent Humanitarian Visa. You need to demonstrate the capacity to succeed in the Masters’ degree of your choice and qualify under one or more of the following equity categories:
- Indigenous Australian
- previous status as a refugee
- disadvantaged socio-economic circumstances
- disability or chronic medical condition
- difficult personal circumstances.
Watch the webinar: Learn more about the Master of Education