Master of Science (Earth Sciences)
- CRICOS code: 094596M
Where will this take me?
Our graduates go on to work as geologists, geoscientists, energy specialists, environmental scientists and advisors, research scientists, geological surveyors, climatologists and weather forecasters.
Employers in this field include:
- Mining and mineral exploration companies such as Shell, Rio Tinto, ExxonMobil and Woodside Energy
- Engineering and professional services firms such as GHD, AECOM and Jacobs
- Government departments of environment and economic development, including the Bureau of Meteorology
- Universities and public research institutions such as the CSIRO.
Technical and professional skills
On graduating from the course you’ll have a broad advanced education in atmospheric science or geology.
Additionally, you’ll have strong professional skills in:
- Critical thinking and problem-solving
- Research planning, literature reviews and ethical considerations
- Scientific communication, both written and oral.
At the end of the course, you’ll be well-placed to undertake a PhD (Doctor of Philosophy).