Master of Teaching (Early Childhood and Primary)
- CRICOS Code: 093002F
Application closing dates
START-YEAR INTAKE 2021
Round 1: Closed
Round 2: Closed
Final round: Friday 22 January
1. Application preparation
Before applying, you must complete the Teacher Capability Assessment Tool (TCAT). TCAT takes approximately 70-90 minutes to complete and contains both long and short answers used to assess your suitability for Melbourne Graduate School of Education courses.
Once you’ve completed your TCAT, you may be required to provide the following supporting documentation:
- Previous academic transcripts
- Evidence of degree completion (testamur)
- Evidence of English language proficiency
- Evidence of completion of the Teacher Capability Assessment Tool (TCAT).
2. Application process
- Submit an online course application directly. If you’re applying for more than one course be sure to number your preferences.
- If you are a current or past University of Melbourne student or applicant, use your existing student ID/username and password. Registering as a first time applicant will delay the processing of your application.
- Only submit one application per course with your preferred fee type and study load (full-time or part-time) if applicable.
- Please note: If you meet the criteria for guaranteed entry, we will automatically identify you as an eligible applicant while we assess your application.
GRADUATE ACCESS MELBOURNE
Graduate Access Melbourne (GAM) is the University’s equity program for domestic graduate students. Under GAM, specific circumstances of applicants will be considered in relation to admission and financial assistance bursaries. There are two parts to this program:
- Admission: Graduate Access Melbourne may assist you to gain admission into a graduate degree, even if your tertiary marks are below the entry requirements. In assessing applications faculties and schools look to balance opportunity and your capacity to succeed.
- Financial Assistance: Under GAM you are also considered for a grant of $5,000. Bursaries will be offered to students with the highest overall level of current disadvantage within one or more of the Graduate Access Melbourne categories.
In submitting an application under this program, you will be considered for admission and financial assistance. Completed GAM forms are to be submitted together with your course application and will be considered for entry into the course and the Graduate Access Melbourne bursary. An application does not guarantee success and you may be awarded one, neither or both, depending on your individual circumstances.
To be eligible to apply for GAM you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, an Australian permanent resident or the holder of a permanent Humanitarian Visa. You need to demonstrate the capacity to succeed in the Masters’ degree of your choice and qualify under one or more of the following equity categories:
- Indigenous Australian
- previous status as a refugee
- disadvantaged socio-economic circumstances
- disability or chronic medical condition
- difficult personal circumstances.