Master of Teaching (Secondary)
- CRICOS Code: 093406G
Application closing dates
START-YEAR INTAKE 2021
Round 1: Saturday 31 October (guaranteed entry)
Round 2: Friday 4 December
Round 3: Tuesday 12 January
1. Application preparation
Before applying, you must complete the Teacher Capability Assessment Tool (TCAT). TCAT takes approximately 70-90 minutes to complete and contains both long and short answers used to assess your suitability for Melbourne Graduate School of Education courses.
Once you’ve completed your TCAT, you may be required to provide the following supporting documentation:
- Previous academic transcripts
- Evidence of degree completion (testamur)
- Evidence of English language proficiency
- Evidence of completion of the Teacher Capability Assessment Tool (TCAT).
2. Application process
- Submit an online course application directly. If you’re applying for more than one course be sure to number your preferences.
- If you are a current or past University of Melbourne student or applicant, use your existing student ID/username and password. Registering as a first time applicant will delay the processing of your application.
- Only submit one application per course with your preferred fee type and study load (full-time or part-time) if applicable.
- Please note: If you meet the criteria for guaranteed entry, we will automatically identify you as an eligible applicant while we assess your application.
GRADUATE ACCESS MELBOURNE (GAM)
If your personal circumstances have had a sustained adverse effect on your academic achievement at undergraduate level or you are member of a specified group known to be under-represented in higher education, you may be eligible for GAM. GAM aims to minimise financial barriers through offering a range of grants, bursaries and scholarships for graduate coursework study. For more information please visit Graduate Access Melbourne.
You are strongly encouraged to submit a GAM application to support your course application if you are an Australian or New Zealand citizen, an Australian permanent resident or the holder of a permanent Humanitarian Visa who can demonstrate the capacity to succeed in the Masters degree of your choice. You must also qualify for one or more of the following criteria:
- Indigenous Australian
- Previous status as a refugee
- Disadvantaged socio-economic circumstances
- Disability or chronic medical condition
- Difficult personal circumstances