Professional Certificate in Language Assessment
Where will this take me?
Who the course is for:
This course has been designed for qualified language teachers as well as professionals who deliver language assessment such as:
- Teachers of second languages
- Teachers of ELICOS (English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students) programs,
- Teachers of TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) programs,
- Teachers of EAL (English as an Additional Language) programs; and
- Staff in organisations that conduct language testing.
The Language Testing Research Centre is an international leader in research and development in language assessment and language program evaluation, with international partnerships across the UK, Japan, China, Chile, Hong Long, Korea, Singapore, New Zealand, and the USA.
Graduates of this course will be aligned with the centre’s highly-regarded reputation, attracting opportunities to specialise in the growing field of language assessment. With practical advice from leading experts, you’ll increase your confidence in your current role and gain the skills to deliver high quality assessments.
On successful completion of the Professional Certificate in Language Assessment, you’ll have a broad understanding of how language assessment is used in different contexts and be able to promote best-practice in your current and future workplaces.