Specialist Certificate in Public Health
What will I study?
On successful completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Discuss public health conceptual foundations
- Identify current public health challenges in global communities
- Describe the ways in which biology, the environment, Indigenous status, society and culture interact and determine health status
- Identify population-based health strategies in public health
- Analyse appraise and synthesise public health evidence in specific disciplinary areas
- Apply knowledge of public health disciplinary areas to contribute to solutions to complex public health problems
The Specialist Certificate in Public Health is a 25-point course. It requires completion of one core subjects and one elective subject.
Students must complete the following Core subject
- POPH90217 Foundations of Public Health
And ONE Elective Subject chosen from
Core and/or elective list of subjects available in the Master of Public Health.