Specialist Certificate in the Management of Contact Lens Patients
What will I study?
The Specialist Certificate in the Management of Contact Lens Patients consists of a single 25 point subject studied over a semester.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this course the students should have:
- Advanced knowledge and skills in their selected fields of clinical optometry
- A detailed knowledge in the use and application of specific advanced diagnostic techniques and/or instrumentation
- An advanced ability to evaluate and synthesize research from the scientific and clinical literature
- An appreciation of the value of, and the ability to achieve, collaboration with other healthcare professionals as an effective means to aid clinical problem-solving
- The capacity to interpret and integrate information from a variety of sources (such as patient presentation details, advanced diagnostic techniques, scientific, clinical and technical literature, and other healthcare professionals), in the development of the most appropriate patient management
- The ability and initiative to offer enhanced clinical services based on their in-depth study in selected fields of clinical optometry
- Have advanced their clinical skills and developed a flexibility of outlook such that they are better able to respond to future paradigm shifts in the scope of optometric management.
Sample course plan
View some sample course plans to help you select subjects that will meet the requirements for this certificate.
25 point program
Explore this course
Explore the subjects you could choose as part of this certificate.