Bachelor of Science (Degree with Honours)
- CRICOS Code: 014791D
Where will this take me?
Bachelor of Science (Degree with Honours) graduates:
- Demonstrate an advanced knowledge and understanding of one or more selected fields of study in core disciplines in the biological, chemical, environmental and medical sciences;
- Demonstrate high level research skills appropriate to one or more core disciplines in the biological, chemical, environmental and medical sciences;
- Access and comprehend national and international debates in their specialised area(s) of study;
- Demonstrate an independent approach to knowledge that uses rigorous methods of inquiry and appropriate theories and methodologies that are applied with intellectual honesty and a respect for ethical values;
- Apply critical and analytical skills and methods to the identification and resolution of problems within complex contexts;
- Act as informed and critically discriminating participants within the community of scholars, as citizens and in the workforce.
If you wish to continue your professional studies at postgraduate level, the studies you undertake in your major can provide a direct pathway to coursework masters degrees in a wide range of areas. Entry is based on academic merit and in most cases requires completion of a Bachelor degree or equivalent. For more information on entry into a coursework masters degree see the University Graduate coursework study web page.
Research Higher Degrees
If you wish to undertake advanced research and explore particular study areas in more depth, there will be opportunities to proceed to a range of Research Higher Degrees at masters and doctoral level, usually upon completion of an Honours degree. For more information about research higher degree study in Arts and the entry requirements, see the University Graduate research web page and the Graduate Research Hub.