What will I study?
Classes incorporate studio sessions, site visits and theoretical studies of the history and practice of landscape architecture. You will learn about community programs, garden and landscape heritage and sustainability of our natural resources.
Your course structure
In your first and second year you will complete subjects on the foundations of design and be introduced to the design studios. You will complete prerequisites for your major as well as other design core, elective and breadth studies.
In your third year, you will complete 50 points (usually four subjects) of study that is deep and specialised study in design and architecture. You can complete a double major with some study areas in the Bachelor of Design:
Double major options
- Architecture + Landscape Architecture
- Civil Systems + Landscape Architecture
- Computing + Landscape Architecture
- Construction + Landscape Architecture
- Digital Technologies + Landscape Architecture
- Graphic Design + Landscape Architecture
- Mechanical Systems + Landscape Architecture
- Performance Design + Landscape Architecture
- Property + Landscape Architecture
- Spatial Systems + Landscape Architecture
- Urban Planning + Landscape Architecture
Breadth is a unique feature of the Melbourne Model. It gives you the chance to explore subjects outside your core studies or your major, developing new perspectives and learning to collaborate with others who have different strengths and interests — just as you will in your future career.
Some of our students use breadth to explore creative interests or topics they have always been curious about. Others used breadth to improve their career prospects by complementing their major with a language, communication skills or business expertise.
Sample course plan
View some sample course plans to help you select subjects that will meet the requirements for this major.
Showing sample course plan:
Explore this major
Explore the subjects you could choose as part of this major.