The 3D echocardiography short course uses a novel teaching system to maximise hands-on learning to develop your 3D TTE and TOE acquisition and display skills. The course is aimed at cardiothoracic anaesthetists, cardiologists and sonographers. No experience or prior training is required.
- 2D simultaneous multiplane and electronic steering
- Real-time narrow sector 3D and colour navigation of the whole heart
- 3D and colour zoom and cropping
- Single to 6-beat full volume 3D and colour
- Multiplanar reconstruction and measurements
The course consists of eLearning and a workshop and post workshop QLAB practice.
- The pre-workshop learning is approximately 25 hours and is accessed on a web-browser. It covers the basic theory and 10 real pathology cases for interpretation practice.
- The 3-hour workshop is in small groups (up to 5 per instructor) and consists of 90 minutes hands-on image acquisition using a Philips Epiq system and 90 minutes of hands-on manipulation of 3D data sets using Philips QLAB with a laptop.
- For four weeks after the workshop, private QLAB practice is available to complete 10 case studies (measurements) guided by the learning portal.
- pre and post course on-line (open book) x 20 MCQ exams
- 5 x MCQs for each of the 10 case studies
- 10 QLAB simulator case studies
This course has a workshop component. Course material can be accessed on our learning portal using a web browser.
- Dave Canty