International applications

Undergraduate study

Your undergraduate degree is typically the first degree you'll do. Find out how to choose courses, meet entry requirements, understand tuition fees, apply with Melbourne, receive your offer, and enrol as a student.

Resources to start your application

Once you've decided on your degree, there are multiple ways to apply as an international student.

Apply online
Apply via VTAC

If you're studying at a high school outside of Australia and not undertaking an Australian Year 12 qualification (such as the VCE or HSC), you can apply directly to the University online. Or, if you want some additional help in your home country or language, you can appoint an official overseas representative (education agent).

If you're studying for an Australian Year 12 qualification (VCE, HSC) in your home country or here in Australia, you'll need to apply through VTAC. If you're studying the IB in Australia or New Zealand, you'll also need to apply via VTAC.

If you're an international student studying another qualification in New Zealand (NCEA, GCSE A-Levels), you should apply directly to the University or via an official representative. All New Zealand citizens must apply through VTAC, no matter which qualification you're studying.

If you're studying at another university either in Australia or another country and want to transfer to a degree at Melbourne, apply to us online directly or an education agent.

Current University of Melbourne students who want to transfer to another undergraduate degree at the University should apply via VTAC.


Find out about the application process, from meeting entry requirements, tuition fees, receiving your offer, and enrolling and more.

Step-by-step guide >

Find an overseas representative

Our official education agents are just like members of the University team and are located throughout the world and in Australia. They'll help you find a course that’s right for you, lodge your application, accept your offer, and provide you with information relating to living in Australia and visa requirements.

Search >

Your pathway to undergraduate study

Foundation studies can help you meet our academic and english language requirements for undergraduate entry to the University. Trinity College Foundation Studies is the only foundation program with guaranteed entry into the University's undergraduate degrees for students who achieve the required scores.

Trinity College Foundation Studies >

Meeting English language requirements

When you apply for an undergraduate degree, you'll need to meet the University's English language requirement to be eligible for an offer to study with us. We've made some temporary revisions to the English language requirements to accommodate challenges caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.

Learn more >

University Accommodation

Planning to move to Melbourne? Our University Accommodation guarantee takes the hassle out of finding student accommodation, offering eligible international students a bed in University owned and approved accommodation close to campus.

Apply now for Lisa Bellear House, 303 Royal Parade.

Find out how to apply

Scholarships for international students

Did you know we offer one of the most generous scholarship schemes in Australia? When you apply for Melbourne, there are a range of scholarships, grants and bursaries you may be eligible for as an international student.

Find out more

Need help satisfying English language requirements?

There are several ways you can satisfy English language requirements. From additional tests to intensive programs. Find out how you can strengthen your English language skills for entry to an undergraduate degree.

Find out more