Doctor of Education
- CRICOS Code: 051658B
What will I study?
The Doctor of Education thesis evidences your authority and command of knowledge in relevant fields in an international context. The work shows that you have a thorough grasp of the appropriate methodological techniques, and an awareness of their limitations.
- Course code: 300BB
- 3 to 4 years full-time, 6 to 8 years part-time
- Stage one (coursework):
- This stage involves 100 points of coursework comprising four 25-point doctoral-level subjects, which cover: research design, research methodology, and reviewing the literature. These subjects have specific enrolment and commencement dates throughout the year
- The coursework can be completed over one year full-time, or two years part-time, with a minimum of 25 credit points per semester
- Stage two (research):
- This stage involves the completion of a 55 000 word doctoral thesis in your chosen field
- The thesis can be completed over two years full-time, or four years part-time. Two additional six-month extensions (totalling 12 months) are available to those who have made good progress. Two 12-month extensions are available for those studying part-time.
For detailed information on the current course, see the University Handbook: Doctor of Education.
Explore this course
Explore the subjects you could choose as part of this degree.