Doctor of Education
- CRICOS Code: 051658B
What will I study?
The Doctor of Education thesis evidences your authority and command of knowledge in relevant fields in an international context. The work shows that you have a thorough grasp of the appropriate methodological techniques – and an awareness of their limitations.
Three years full time, six years part time
- Coursework: one year full-time (two years part time, minimum 25 credit points per semester during coursework component)
- Research: two years full time (four years part time)
- Stage 1: 100 points of coursework comprising 4 x 25-point doctoral-level subjects, which cover research design, research methodology and reviewing the literature. These subjects have specific enrolment and commencement dates throughout the year.
- Stage 2: completion of a 55 000 word doctoral thesis in your chosen field
For detailed course and subject information, see the University Handbook: Doctor of Education.
Graduate Research hub
We also advise you consult the Graduate Research hub guides to find out about:
- Research training policies and resources
- Research guidelines
- Candidature and candidature variations
- Thesis examination
Explore this course
Explore the subjects you could choose as part of this degree.