Doctor of Education
- CRICOS Code: 051658B
What will I study?
The Doctor of Education thesis evidences your authority and command of knowledge in relevant fields in an international context. The work shows that you have a thorough grasp of the appropriate methodological techniques, and an awareness of their limitations.
- Course code: 300BB
- 4 years full-time, 8 years part-time
- Stage one (coursework):
- This stage involves 100 points of coursework comprising four 25-point doctoral-level subjects, which cover: research design, research methodology, and reviewing the literature. These subjects have specific enrolment and commencement dates throughout the year
- The coursework can be completed over one year full-time, or two years part-time, with a minimum of 25 credit points per semester
- Stage two (research):
- This stage involves the completion of a 55 000 word doctoral thesis in your chosen field
- Full time doctoral candidates are expected to complete their thesis over the second to fourth year of candidature, part time doctoral candidates over years three to eight.
For detailed information on the current course, see the University Handbook: Doctor of Education.
Explore this course
Explore the subjects you could choose as part of this degree.