Doctor of Medicine
- CRICOS code: 071304G
What will I study?
The Doctor of Medicine (MD) is a four year full-time course comprising:
- One year of integrated bioscience and clinical learning featuring an innovative case-based teaching approach
- Two core clinical training years which facilitate learning with patients in a wide range of settings
- Discovery subjects which provide students flexibility to explore areas of particular interest
- The option to complete an immersive research experience in an area of interest
- A capstone semester in which you will "rehearse" the skills required for effective and safe clinical practice
- An annual medical conference which will provide opportunities to interact with leaders in research, policy and clinical healthcare.
You will also have the option of undertaking a clinical elective of least one week duration during any non-teaching period.
Discovery will enable you to look deeper into an area aligned with the core curriculum that has piqued your curiosity.
- In year 1 of discovery, you’ll lay the foundation of knowledge and understanding (Discovery 1 - Foundation)
- In year 2, you’ll be applying your learning to the clinical setting (Discovery 2 - Application)
- In year 3, you’ll be integrating multiple concepts into your practice of medicine (Discovery 3 - Integration)
- In year 4, your discovery subject culminates in using what you’ve learned to create something new (Discovery 4 - Creation)
Redesigned Course Structure (launched in 2022)
Find out more about MD Discovery here.
Explore this course
Explore the subjects you could choose as part of this degree.