Master of Applied Data Analytics
The Master of Applied Data Analytics is designed to meet the growing demand for information analysis across various sectors. In this course, you will develop a better understanding of analytics technology – its capabilities, its limits and its pitfalls – and learn how to analyse vast amounts of data to make better organisational decisions and forecasts.
Offered 100% online, this interdisciplinary course offers streams tailored for established professionals from a select group of fields, including education, psychology, health and urban.
By specialising in the use of analytics within your discipline, you will gain the ability to apply analytic solutions to real-world operational and strategic issues.
As a student, you will develop evidence and practice-based knowledge of applied data analytics that is relevant across disciplines. You’ll gain an advanced understanding of research principles as well as data collection, measurement and management. This will prepare you to predict and influence behaviours and business decisions.
Who is this course for?
The Master of Applied Data Analytics is suited to individuals who want to improve processes, systems and outcomes in their workplace through data analysis, and to enrich and extend their career paths by becoming an expert in analytics techniques.
International students are welcome to study this course. However, please note that this course is not available to international students who require a student visa to study in Australia as it does not meet the onshore study requirements and it is not registered with CRICOS.
Applicants to this course are advised to check the entry requirements — all participants will have a high level of prior study in a cognate area, or a minimum of eight years documented relevant work experience.
This course has been designed with a number of sectors and professions in mind:
- Health - system managers, hospital data managers, epidemiologists, nurses, clinicians
- Urban sectors - real estate developers and investors, REIT managers, acquisitions, sales channels, statutory planners, town planners
- Psychology - peak bodies such as APS and ACPA, organisational psychological consultancies, market research agencies, HR experts
- Education - instructional leaders, principals, head of schools, education specialists, learning designers, app developers, computer programmers
- Government organisations - such as the Department of Health, Department of Justice, policymakers.
Related pathway options
The Master of Applied Data Analytics is part of a highly flexible suite of courses, designed for you to study to the level that suits your learning and career goals. It’s easy to turn the one-year Graduate Certificate into the Masters, or to enrol in a Masters and leave with a Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma.