Master of Philosophy - MDHS (Psychological Sciences)
- CRICOS Code: 061954M
- 2 years full time / 4 years part time
- On Campus (Parkville)
- Available to domestic and international students.
The Master of Philosophy - (Psychological Sciences) (MPhil) is an internationally recognised masters by research degree. It is designed for students to develop advanced skills in carrying out independent and sustained research. Students will produce a thesis which will demonstrate a critical application of specialist knowledge and make an independent contribution to existing scholarship.
- Students may commence the Higher Degree by Research at any time during the year between 1st March and 31 October. Commencement between 1st and 28th February or between 1st and 30th November may be approved subject to approval of the proposed principal supervisor. Commencement in January or December is not permitted.
- Commencement in the degree is subject to prior arrangement with their nominated supervisor and the Learning and Teaching Unit. (Scholarships have separate rules and students should seek approval from Melbourne Scholarships to vary their scholarship commencement).
- Please check with the relevant academic unit prior to making any arrangements for enrolment or travel.
A range of University policies and procedures apply to Higher Degrees by Research and students should familiarise themselves with these policies via the University of Melbourne Policy Library.
An internationally recognised masters by research degree designed for students to develop advanced skills in carrying out independent and sustained research on a particular topic under academic supervision.