Master of Theatre (Dramaturgy)
- CRICOS code: 085431G
2023 Start Year Intake
Applications open 1 August 2022
Applications close 31 October 2022
How do I apply?
There are three components to the application process. Applicants must complete components 1 and 2 by the application closing date.
If you are an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person, you may like to contact our Faculty’s Wilin Centre for Indigenous Arts and Cultural Development before proceeding. They can assist you with your application and provide you with additional information about your study options.
Submit a direct application via the University's application portal
Upload a CV, artistic statement and provide 3 referees via the supplementary application form
The artistic statement (up to 1,000 words) should articulate the following:
- What you wish to gain from your training period and your artistic and career aspirations;
- Your major points of interest in dramaturgy;
- What sort of questions you wish to explore about your own practice during this course.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend an interview as the final component of the application process. Applicants will be required to discuss their creative practice and suitability for the course. For more information, please visit Auditions and Interviews
Applicants will be charged a non-refundable application fee payable via the supplementary application.
Please note that some domestic applicants may be eligible for a waiver of the supplementary application fee if you are a Health Care Cardholder or have special circumstances.
For persons who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, the supplementary application fee will be waived. Please contact the Wilin Centre for Indigenous Arts and Cultural Development for assistance.
Other circumstances which could mean you’re eligible for a waiver of the supplementary application fee include disadvantaged financial background, i.e. as a category of Graduate Access Melbourne, the University of Melbourne's special entry and access scheme for domestic students.
If you believe you are eligible for a waiver of the supplementary application fee, please contact the faculty via the Enquire Now button prior to submitting your supplementary application form, and include a scanned copy of the relevant documentation as evidence of your eligibility.
GRADUATE ACCESS MELBOURNE
Graduate Access Melbourne is the University of Melbourne's special entry and access scheme for domestic students.
It can help you gain a place in a degree even if your WAM (weighted average mark) is below the selection rank normally needed for an offer, however you still need to meet course prerequisites. You may be also eligible for guaranteed entry and there are Access Scholarships available also.
You can apply using one or more of these categories:
- Disadvantaged financial background
- From a rural or isolated area
- Under-represented school
- Difficult circumstances
- Disability or medical condition
- Non-English speaking background
- Recognition as an Indigenous Australian
- Mature-age consideration (Non-School leaver entry pathway)
Wondering if you are eligible for any of these categories? Each category has its own criteria, so before applying, check to see if you are eligible via the Graduate Access Melbourne page, as well as instructions on how to apply.
Before you apply
- Check the degree website
- Check the entry requirements and make sure you’re eligible
- Ensure you meet the University's English Language requirements
- If you are an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person, you may like to contact our Faculty’s Wilin Centre for Indigenous Arts and Cultural Development before proceeding
- Submit a direct application via the University's application portal using course code MC-THTRDRA
- Complete a supplementary application