This Specialist Certificate is a part-time course for established optometrists seeking to continue their professional development and develop a specialisation in anterior and dry eye disorders.
Offered by the Department of Optometry & Vision Sciences in the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry & Health Sciences, this course covers the most current theories on the pathophysiology, diagnosis and management of anterior eye disease, including dry eye. You will graduate with advanced clinical capabilities in the day-to-day management of eye disease.
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for already-qualified optometrists looking to advance their existing skills and knowledge.
You will also will gain accredited continuing professional development (CPD) points as you study and work towards the Masters qualification*.
*CPD points are relevant to practitioners based in Australia or New Zealand. Suitably qualified overseas candidates are also welcome to apply.
This Specialist Certificate provides 25 credit points towards the Master of Clinical Optometry, the University of Melbourne’s premier course for established optometrists.
You may also be interested in the following Specialist Certificates, also designed to build towards the Masters:
- Specialist Certificate in Glaucoma and Retinal Disease
- Specialist Certificate in the Management of Contact Lens Patients
- Specialist Certificate in the Management of Low Vision Patients
- Specialist Certificate in the Management of Neuro-Ophthalmic Disorders
- Specialist Certificate in the Management of Paediatric Patients.