Proposal and Folio
Entry to the Visual Art major is based on a written proposal, portfolio, and an interview for shortlisted applicants only. Applicants will be required to complete the requirements below. Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend an online interview as the final component of the application process.
- Upload your written proposal and portfolio via the supplementary application form
- Upload a folio to your application
Your portfolio should consist of:
- recent work relevant to the research proposal. Documentation, images, or a video of work may be uploaded as part of your folio.
* Please refer to the following specifications for digital works:
- Please only submit a maximum of 10 images and/or 8 minutes of video.
- All portfolio items must be clearly labelled with title, date, medium, and dimension/duration of work.
- The supplementary application program only accepts Images (up to 5MB per file), Video (up to 250MB per file), Audio (up to 30MB per file), and PDFs (up to 10MB per file). The program also accepts links from YouTube, Vimeo, and SoundCloud. Video is acceptable as up to 8 minutes of showreel or a single movie file.
- Once uploaded please check all media to ensure it plays as you intend, to minimise technical disruptions where possible.
How will I be assessed?
Your written proposal will be assessed against the following criteria by the selection panel:
- relevance and currency of topic
- availability of relevant resources
- availability of relevant supervision
Your portfolio will be assessed against the following criteria by the selection panel:
- demonstrated originality of creative voice
- requisite level of skill in Visual Art practice
- track record and experience of making work
In the interview, shortlisted applicants will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- ability to convey and explain proposal
- ability to engage in discussion of ideas in relation to visual art
- clear commitment to undertaking the research and practice work
Please note that all applicants will be ranked based on the above criteria, up to the capacity of places within the course