Where will this take me?
This specialisation is ideal for teachers and education professionals who want to move into literacy leadership roles or who are looking to gain a greater understanding of literacy education.
Upon successful completion, you will be able to:
- Conceptualise 21st Century literacies as social practices requiring a broad range of knowledge, skills, strategies and understandings
- Plan and evaluate literacy teaching drawing on contemporary research, theory and scholarship
- Use clinical approaches to teaching literacy, which reflect learners’ needs, interests and abilities
- Understand key debates impacting on the teaching of literacy in schools
- Understand how language and literacy develop from birth to adulthood
- Understand the importance of language and literacy in schooling across the curriculum
- Demonstrate leadership in the literacy curriculum.
Through your education studies and research projects, you will develop strong professional and personal connections with community and industry that will open doors to an outstanding future.
Finish your specialisation confident of gaining employment, thanks to the excellent reputation of Melbourne Graduate School of Education. We have been ranked as #1 in Australia and #12 in the world for Education*, meaning a degree from us is a globally-recognised achievement.
*QS World University Rankings by Subject 2020: Education