Master of Creative Arts Therapy
- CRICOS Code: 0100983
Where will this take me?
Practice as a drama or dance movement therapist: graduates of this program are eligible for professional registration with appropriate professional associations. In Australia, this is the DTAA (Dance Movement Therapy Association of Australasia) and ANZACATA (Australian, New Zealand and Asian Creative Arts Therapies Association).
On completion of this course, graduates will have developed:
- Expert skills to reflect critically on the role of creative arts therapists in educational, health and community contexts
- Integrated understanding of the theories informing methods of practice used by creative arts therapists
- Ability to apply different creative arts therapies methods in ways that address the identified needs of clients
- Advanced communication skills in responding to the expressed needs of clients, colleagues and communities
- Autonomous decision making, expert judgement, adaptability and responsibility in professional creative arts therapies practice
- Technical skills in understanding findings from creative arts therapies research to inform practice and evaluation
- Ability to engage with people in ethical and respectful ways.