Master of Entrepreneurship
- CRICOS Code: 107114A
Why study Entrepreneurship at Melbourne?
- Start something that matters: This is a program for people who want to innovate, iterate and solve real world problems through entrepreneurship.
- Learn in a completely new way: You’ll study at the purpose-built Wade Institute. Designed to be a 24/7 co-working space and for small-class seminars, giving you a space to experiment and where it’s OK to fail.
- Get your toolkit: Build your foundational knowledge of entrepreneurship and choose a specialisation to develop the right skills to make your entrepreneurial ambition a reality.
- Find your people: This is a boutique program for a small number of motivated, curious people, like you, who will become part of Melbourne’s entrepreneurship community connecting with industry mentors, speakers, investors and incubators as part of the program.
- Learn from the best: You’ll be taught by leading academic experts in entrepreneurship and business as well as experienced entrepreneurs from industry.
What is it about?
In the Master of Entrepreneurship you will learn how to develop new businesses, products, services, or processes, creating value and generating new revenue growth through entrepreneurial thought and action. This program will facilitate your career as an agent of change, either within a new venture or an established organisation. Students will learn about the latest concepts, frameworks, tools and techniques to identify and successfully implement new business opportunities. During the course of the year, there will be many opportunities to interact with and learn from (corporate) entrepreneurs and put obtained knowledge, tools and skills into practice.
Master of Entrepreneurship graduates generally follow one of three career paths:
- Independent venture creation path: start your own business.
- Corporate innovation path: bring innovative business opportunities to established companies.
- Venture capital/consulting path: help start, grow or mature small companies.