Master of Finance
- CRICOS Code: 0100876
In designing the Master of Finance, the Faculty wanted to offer students a variety of opportunities to connect with industry and improve their employability.
Here are some of our recommendations to make the most of your Master of Finance experience:
- Take a Practicum subject for a taste of consulting: You can apply to take the ‘Business Practicum’ or ‘Global Business Practicum’ as an elective. The Practicum subjects offer you the opportunity to work in a small student team on a real-life consulting project over an intensive 2-week period. You could be assigned to a company in Melbourne or Sydney or go global, we’ve taken previous groups of students to Shanghai, London, Singapore and Paris.
- Industry guest lectures and in-class simulations: The Master of Finance offers a regular number of guest lectures from industry experts, bringing the current developments in the finance industry direct to you. In-class simulations allow you to operate like a finance professional, testing out your skills in seminars and workshops.
- Pairing with the University’s Centre for Advancing Journalism: Strong communication skills are critical to becoming a successful finance professional. For our Communicating Current Issues in Finance capstone subject we’re working with the Centre for Advancing Journalism to give you the knowledge and tools to talk about finance like a pro using different mediums like blogs, podcasts and video.
- Join the Melbourne Business School Student Association (MBSSA) or be part of their Case Competition: Our student association is the place to ‘meet your people’, the MBSSA hold a number of social and professional development events each year including their popular case competition, which sees student teams compete on stage to solve a current problem for a company within a strict timeframe.
- Participate in our Personal Effectiveness Programs: if you need help on brushing up your networking skills or even working on your CV, our Student Employability and Enrichment team run a series of free workshops throughout the year.