Master of Teaching (Secondary) Internship
How to apply
This course is open to domestic students only. You must be eligible for employment in Australia.
Application closing dates
Round 2: 12 September 2019
- Complete the Teacher Capability Assessment Tool (TCAT) prior to applying.
- Submit an online course application directly to the University of Melbourne.
You may be required to provide the following supporting documentation with your application:
- previous academic transcripts
- evidence of degree completion (testamur)
- evidence of English language proficiency
- evidence of completion of the Teacher Capability Assessment Tool (TCAT).
Applicants are initially assessed on meeting the minimum course entry requirements, including the requirements for two learning areas and meeting the TCAT standards. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview with the Melbourne Graduate School of Education (MGSE) Selection Committee.
Depending on the interview outcome, selected applicants with learning areas that match current teaching vacancies in participating schools will be invited to attend a school-based interview for employment.
Only applicants who are appointed by a participating school to a teaching vacancy will be made an offer of admission into the Master of Teaching (Secondary) Internship.
Applicants will be notified of their application outcome by email.
Final admission into the course will be dependent on the Victorian Institute of Teaching granting the applicant Permission to Teach status.