Bachelor of Fine Arts (Screenwriting)
- CRICOS Code: 093587J
- VTAC Code: 3800639081
- International VTAC Code: 3800639083
- 3 years full time
- Honours available
- On Campus (Southbank)
- Available to domestic and international students.
- Start Year Intake - February
The Screenwriting specialisation is designed for those who have the desire and talent to write audience-driven stories for the screen.
The Bachelor of Fine Arts (Screenwriting) is the premier screenwriting undergraduate degree in Australia. You will study the many facets of screenwriting through lectures, classes, screenings and practice-based exercises. The course covers:
- Cinematic and television writing
- Writing for the youth market
- Writing for games
- Web content
Gain industry expertise while developing your original voice. And learn to write audience-driven stories for the screen. Housed in the School of Film and Television, this degree lives alongside the school’s other degrees in directing and producing for live-action fiction, animation and documentary.
You will partner with Film and Television directing students in workshops and experiences to develop industry perspective and form valuable creative partnerships.
In your final year, you will also collaboratively develop and write an original web series to be directed by Bachelor of Fine Arts (Film and Television) students. At the end of three years you’ll be equipped to write professionally for screen media, having acquired essential creative and technical skills such as generating and adapting stories for screen platforms, presenting work at a professional standard, giving and receiving constructive feedback and working in creative teams.
- Develop your writing style for screen productions (film, television, gaming and online)
- Write an industry standard script for a short film or television pilot
- Acquire ability to critically and constructively critique your own and peers’ work in the context of the broader history of screen culture