Bachelor of Fine Arts (Theatre)
- CRICOS Code: 093588G
- VTAC Code: 3800610081
- International VTAC Code: 3800610083
- 3 years full time
- Honours available
- On Campus (Southbank)
- Available to domestic and international students.
- Start Year Intake - March
VCA Theatre provides immersive and rigorous, conservatoire-style preparation for the 21st century performer and theatre maker. The course celebrates the full creative potential of the performer as a creative, collaborative artist and trains theatre artists to become both accomplished performers and highly skilled devisors of their own work.
Small class sizes
With small class sizes to support intensive project-based learning in theatrical contexts, you will explore current cultural and methodological practices.
Collaborative practice, as an important element of contemporary theatre, is integral to our training. As a Theatre student, you will collaborate throughout the course with VCA students from other disciplines, including Acting, Writing, Directing, Production, and Film & Television.
National and international projects
Engage in national and international engagement projects, building on existing expertise and approaches to industry readiness for the autonomous, ensemble and company performer and practitioner.
- Develop a command of performance and theatre skills, including body, voice, movement, acting, devising and collaboration
- Gain experience in creating new work from a range of sources and stimuli in a variety of devising and generative contexts
- Participate in an immersive international study tour
- Develop a new work and present it at a nationally recognised festival
- Consolidate a working methodology as a performer and as an ensemble company member and theatre maker