Bachelor of Fine Arts (Theatre)
- CRICOS Code: 093588G
- VTAC Code: 3800610081
- International VTAC Code: 3800610083
- 3 years full time
- Honours available
- Southbank campus located in Melbourne city's arts precinct
- Available to domestic and international students.
- Start Year Intake - March
VCA Theatre provides immersive, conservatoire-style preparation across all areas of live performance for 21st-century practitioners. Learn in a rigorous conservatoire style environment to prepare yourself for working across all areas of live performance.
The Theatre program at VCA trains theatre artists to work across all areas of live performance – including physical theatre, writing, directing and dramaturgy – preparing them for 21st-century careers in theatre in the Asia-Pacific.
Small class sizes
With small class sizes to support intensive project-based learning in theatrical contexts, you will explore current cultural and methodological practices.
Collaborative practice, as an important element of contemporary theatre, is integral to our training. As a Theatre student, you will collaborate throughout the course with VCA students from other disciplines, including Acting, Writing, Directing, Production, and Film & Television.
National and international projects
Engage in national and international engagement projects, building on existing expertise and approaches to industry readiness for the autonomous, ensemble and company practitioner.
- Develop a command of performance skills, including body, voice, and movement
- Gain experience in adapting and developing stage and screen material for performance
- Develop a new work and present it at a nationally recognised festival, and at an international touring studio
- Consolidate a working methodology as an autonomous and ensemble performance maker