Bachelor of Science
- CRICOS Code: 002153M
- VTAC Code: 3800538271
- International VTAC Code: 3800538273
- 3 years full time / 6 years part time
- Honours available
- Parkville campus located in the heart of Melbourne city
- Available to domestic and international students.
- Start Year Intake - February and Mid Year Intake - July
Look at the world around you. Do you see something that could be better? Maybe it's the cracked glass on your phone, an incurable disease, lack of renewable energy options, pollution, or the missing 'theory of everything'.
It's only when you understand how something works that you can hope to improve it, and science gives you the tools to work out what's really going on. Be a leader of tomorrow and tackle the world's greatest challenges with science.
It's future proof
In the next decade, an estimated 75 per cent of jobs in the fastest-growing industries will need skills in science, technology, engineering, mathematics and medicine (this is called STEMM).
Also, as a STEMM graduate you are more likely to be in a high income bracket according to the Office of the Chief Scientist (Australia).
When you graduate, you'll be ready to make a difference in society — just like our researchers, who are tackling some of our planets current challenges:
- Growing greener cities with plant-based roofs on building that increase human productivity, prevent urban flooding, create energy savings and reduce inner-city temperatures
- Developing iron and zince biofortified rice that could change the lives of the billions of people who obtain most of their calories from rice
- Building tools that will enable doctors to identify babies at high-risk of stillbirth while still in the womb.
When you graduate, you could join one of our research teams through graduate research study, or take your new skills into industry, government or the not-for-profit sectors.
A Science degree is a sure way to kick-start a career in science, education, engineering, the health sciences or information technology. If you want a job in an emerging industry, or maybe one that hasn't even been thought of yet, Science may be for you.