Graduate Diploma in Laws
- CRICOS Code: 075319A
Applications are accepted throughout the year.
- Australian or New Zealand citizens
- Australian permanent residents
- Australian permanent humanitarian visa holders
(View eligibility requirements and application dates for International citizens)
The majority of students will start in either the Semester 1 (start year) or Semester 2 (mid year) intake:
|Begin study in||Applications close|
|2021 Semester 2 (July)||17 June 2021|
|2022 Semester 1 (March)||21 January 2022|
For students wishing to begin study outside of the normal intake periods (for example, a winter intensive subject) - find your first subject's starting date in the Handbook, then find the name of the intake period you should apply for below.
Applicants are advised to apply at least a month prior to the start of the subject. Please note the last possible date to apply for 2021 commencement is 30 July (Spring intake).
Note: Students will need to ensure their desired subject hasn't yet reached its quota limit - view quotas
|First subject commences in||Intake name|
|August to November||Spring|
|December to early February||Summer|
|March to May||Autumn|
|June to early July||Winter|
Once we receive the completed application, we aim to have a response to you within four to six weeks.
- Orientation week for full-time students
- Start year intake: 22–26 February 2021, online via Zoom
- Mid year intake: 19-23 July 2021, online via Zoom
- Orientation for part-time students
- Start year intake: online via the Learning Management System (Canvas LMS)
- Mid year intake: 24 July 2021, Melbourne Law School
Before you apply
- Check the course details.
- Check the entry requirements to make sure you are eligible for the course and you meet the English language requirements.
- Obtain an original or certified copy of your complete academic record including a university explanation or definition of the grading scale. If the documents are not in English they must be accompanied by an official certified English translation.
- Prepare a current curriculum vitae (CV).
- The course code is GD-LAWS. You will need to search and select it when you apply.
- Find out if you are eligible for Advanced Standing (credit). You will also need to apply. We will only assess your Advanced Standing application if you are offered a place.