Graduate Diploma in Music (Composition)
- CRICOS Code: 056297D
How to apply
2020 Semester 1 intake - main assessment round (for domestic and international applicants)
Applications open: 30 June 2019
Applications close: 11:59pm, 31 October 2019 (Australian Eastern Daylight Time UTC+10)
How do I apply?
There are two components to each application. Applications must be submitted by the application closing date:
- A direct application via the University's application portal
- A Supplementary Information Form via SlideRoom, including the provision of two referees and composition folio (please see details below).
Composition applicants are required to submit a 20-minute folio of compositions and are not required to attend an interview. The folio should include:
- Original works only (no arrangements or style-imitation).
- At least one work must be a notated score.
- At least one work must be written in the last two years.
- MIDI recordings are acceptable, however it is advisable to submit at least one example of a live or studio performance.
- Folio materials should be submitted in PDF and mp3 formats.
It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that all material provided is playable and/or viewable before submission.
Submit your folio with your Supplementary Information Form.
Applicants will be charged a non-refundable processing fee via SlideRoom (payable in US dollars).
You’ve chosen your degree and worked out when you want to start studying. Now all you need to do is apply.
It’s important to get your application right. Use our simple checklist and you’ll be on your way in no time:
Before you apply
- Check the entry requirements and make sure you're eligible.
- Ensure you meet the University’s English language requirements.
- Complete a direct application via the University's portal (use code GD-MUS).
- Complete your Folio Application Form on SlideRoom.