Master of Education
- CRICOS Code: 095802B
Where will this take me?
Learning Outcomes & careers
The Master of Education offers professional learning for educators in a broad range of fields, including early childhood, primary, secondary, tertiary, vocational and adult. In this course you will develop in-depth knowledge and understanding of educational theory and practice in specialised areas of education. You'll also be exposed to the latest research that is driving change to policy and practice in educational settings world-wide. The course is designed for professionals who already hold, or seek to move into:
- Leadership and/or management positions within educational and professional settings
- Policy making roles and responsibilities within government and non-government organisations
- Specialist and coordination positions
- Professional development/capacity building positions in educational, workplace and or community settings
- Other education and training settings.
Advanced standing of up to 100 credit points of the 200 credit point degree will be granted to applicants who have either:
- A four-year education degree, or equivalent, or
- An undergraduate degree in any discipline and at least 100 credit points, or equivalent, of graduate study in education.
Students interested in completing a thesis are encouraged to apply for the Master of Education - Research. Graduates from this program are eligible to apply for entry to the Doctor of Education provided they achieve an H2A average in the program, and meet the other entry requirements.
Finish your course confident of gaining employment, thanks to the excellent reputation of Melbourne Graduate School of Education. We have been ranked as #1 in Australia and #12 in the world for Education*, meaning a degree from us is a globally-recognised achievement.
Meet our Master of Education alumni: Matt Gale
After years of working in remote Aboriginal schools in the Northern Territory, Matt chose to study the Master of Education to develop the leadership skills he was using in his role. 4 years later, he then enrolled on our Master of TESOL so he could better support his teaching team in literacy in an Indigenous context. Matt shared, "I have thoroughly enjoyed my time studying at MGSE. The quality of teaching, collaborative study projects with fellow students, friendships, and the great support I was afforded by the academic and support staff made the journey achievable."
*QS World University Rankings by Subject 2020: Education