Diploma in General Studies (Extended)
- VTAC Code: 3800310701
- International VTAC Code: NA
This course is open to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants only.
Applications from VCE (or equivalent) graduates and mature age applicants are welcome.
You can apply via VTAC or directly to the university (details below).
Applying through VTAC:
VTAC applications for Semester 1 2022 are open now, with timely applications closing 30 September 2021. Visit the VTAC website for late application dates.
Special Entry Access Scheme - Access Melbourne
Access Melbourne is the University of Melbourne's special entry and access scheme for domestic students.
It can help you gain a place in a degree even if your ATAR is below the selection rank normally needed for an offer, however you still need to meet course prerequisites. You may be also eligible for guaranteed entry and there are Access Scholarships available also.
You can apply using one or more of these categories:
- Disadvantaged financial background
- From a rural or isolated area
- Under-represented school
- Difficult circumstances
- Disability or medical condition
- Non-English speaking background
- Recognition as an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
- Mature-age consideration (Non-School leaver entry pathway).
Wondering if you are eligible for any of these categories? Each category has its own criteria, so before applying, check to see if you are eligible.
Applications for Access Melbourne and Access Scholarships are made when you apply through VTAC using the Special Entry Access Scheme (SEAS) application form on the VTAC website.
To apply directly:
You can apply directly for this course:
- Please complete the direct entry application form
- Submit your application via email. Please ensure you include all supporting documentation upon submitting your application.
IMPORTANT - Please ensure that the subject line of your email is "General Studies Direct Application".
Your offer and enrolment
VTAC will notify you if you have received an offer for your course in January. You will also receive an official offer email from the University of Melbourne explaining how to accept your offer and what you need to do to enrol.
Before you apply
- Check the entry requirements to make sure you’re eligible
- You can apply directly to the University or you can apply through the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC)
- See if you are eligible for Access Melbourne and submit an application via the Special Entry Access Scheme (SEAS) on the VTAC website
- Check if you are eligible for any scholarships and if any specific applications are needed
- Visit the VTAC website in January to view your offer for Semester 1 entry. If you have been successful you will also get an official email from the University
- Accept your offer to the University of Melbourne and complete your enrolment